This film by Hayao Miyazaki, the master of Japanese animation, is to discover from 4-5 years. The story of a little mermaid transposed in Japan today. Superb.
What is the story ?
- Sosuke, 5 years old boy, lives with his mother at the top of a cliff overlooking the Inland Sea. One day, he meets Ponyo, a little fish girl, trapped in a jar of jam. Sosuke releases her. A love story is born between the two children. But Fujimoto, Ponyo's father, forces her back to the bottom of the ocean. Ponyo escapes, turns into a real little girl and finds Sosuke again. The elements are unleashed and the sea rises ...
What your child will love
- The round boils of Ponyo,his big eyes alternately astonished and laughing, his flaming mop ... Many scenes will make him laugh: when Ponyo discovers the noodles or collapses of sleep without Sosuke having time to say phew!
- All these "magical" characters, fascinating of the underwater world, the austere father of Ponyo who scares, the sisters goldfish who turn into waves, the old ladies ...
- The vitality of the entire film echoes that of your child. It's very special to this latest Miyazaki film with a simple graphic and more colorful than usual.
For what age?
- Ouch, as always with Miyazaki, the film is long. 1 h 55! To see yet from 4-5 years.
What you can do too
- Read or re-read The Little Mermaid by Hans Christian Andersen who inspired Miyazaki for his film. Like Ponyo, she too falls in love with a human.
- Find still Ponyo on the cliff in the beautiful album published by p'titGlénat editions.
• The Castle in the sky, My neighbor Totoro, Kiki, the little witch, The journey of Chihiro, The traveling castle ... it's him, Hayao Miyazaki! At almost 70 years old, he is a star in his country. With 13 million admissions, Ponyo on the cliff, is the movie of the year for many Japanese.
Where to find this DVD?
Cinema, theater, dance ... How to choose the right show for your child?