We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
And if this year you made yourself your cake Kings? Simple, fast and economical, this recipe will delight all gourmets! Who will have the bean?
- 2 puff pastries
- 100 g of almond powder
- 75 g of sugar
- 1 egg
- 50 g of soft butter
- a few drops of almond extract
- 1 egg yolk to brown the cake
- 1 bean!
- Arrange a dough in a pie plate and prick it with a fork.
- Mix all the ingredients in a salad bowl. Spread the contents of the bowl over the dough and add the bean (on one edge, to minimize the chances of falling on it by cutting the cake!).
- Close the cake with the second paste and stick the edges well. Draw knife designs on top and brown with egg yolk (diluted in a little water). Drill the top of small holes to allow air to escape, otherwise it may swell and dry out.
- Bake your cake at 210 ° C (th 7) for about 30 minutes. Let a little cool and enjoy!
Where does the tradition of the galette des rois come from?
• Celebrated the first Sunday of January, the Epiphany commemorates the visit of the three Magi, Melchior, Gaspard and Balthazar who came to bring gifts to the baby Jesus: myrrh, incense and gold. It is customary for the youngest in the family to slip under the table to designate who will have what share. In each galette, a bean is hidden. He who eats the portion containing the bean is declared king ... and chooses his queen.
Galette with frangipane
Galette with speculos
Video: Fimo paste beans
Brioche of Kings
Epiphany: the quiz
Video: draw a crown